Epoxy Floor Coating
We serve Northeast Ohio including Cleveland, Akron, Clinton, New Franklin, Silver Lake, Jackson, Uniontown, Meyers Lake, Avondale, Massillon, Hills and Dales, Lake Cable, North Royalton, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Strongsville, Aurora, Brunswick, Northampton Center, Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, Tallmadge, Hinckley, Hudson, Boston Heights, Medina, Peninsula, Richfield, Bath, Copley, Fairlawn, Montrose, Ghent, Berlin Center, Deerfield, Alliance, Hartville, Greentown, Canton, North Canton, Greentown, Greensburg, Barberton, Portage Lakes, Wooster, Wadsworth, Sebring, Salem, Dover, Warren, Youngstown, Poland, and McDonaldsville.
You have Ugly Concrete, Forte Garage Floor Coating has the Solution!
As an Authorized dealer for GarageFloorCoating.com, we offer the highest quality epoxy floor coating materials available along with certified installers that have the knowledge and equipment to install the product correctly, the first time. We are a family owned and operated small business that takes nothing for granted. Preserving our reputation as a leader in the concrete floor coating industry is at the forefront of every decision we make. No short cuts, EVER.
Garage floor coatings and basement floor coatings are subjected to some of the harshest conditions found in a home. Our exterior floor coatings see the extremes of high UV light exposure, summer heat and freezing winters. For a floor coating to survive, there are three key requirements:
- Proper preparation
- High quality materials
- Knowledgeable installers with the right equipment
But before jumping into how Forte Garage Floor Coating approaches each of those requirements, lets take a look at some of the terminology used to describe floor coatings. You may have heard terms like epoxy floor coating, polyaspartic floor coating, polyurea concrete coating, full chip epoxy coating, and the list goes on. We will add yet another term to the mix, Hybrid Epoxy Floor Coating. The best topical floor coating utilizes one material to act as the primer, another for the decorative aspects followed by a protective wear layer. Our Hybrid-Epoxy Floor Coatings consist of a moisture mitigating epoxy, PVA & mica chips or metallic decorative media and polyaspartic/polyurea clear coats with non-slip aggregate when needed.
Proper Preparation – First we diamond grind the concrete with a high power HEPA dust collection system hooked up. But not all concrete is the same, new constructions require minimal repair, but older Northeast Ohio garage floors typically require some amount of repair or refinishing. Often times there may be an existing floor coating that must be removed. We use a variety of repair products and techniques depending on the specific situation.
High quality materials – Not all materials are created equal. Epoxy and polyaspartic material compositions can vary widely. Cost, ease of use, product availability, environmental concerns, and application requirements are all considerations when formulating an epoxy or polyaspartic material. Our materials are proprietary and made to exact specifications that compliment their intended use.
Knowledgeable installers with the right equipment – Doing the job safely in varying site conditions with consistent outcomes is not easy. Years of acquired knowledge, documented processes and procedures, strict training and certification is what separates use from our competitors. We invest in the best available equipment and maintain it. We have the tolls and equipment to do it safely and efficiently.
Why coat your concrete floor?
- Protection – Your home is likely your biggest investment, protect it! Left untreated, concrete will deteriorate over time. Spalling, pitting, staining and efflorescence all become problems at some point. Our hybrid epoxy floor coatings will protect your concrete floor against the elements, normal wear and tear and the nasty effects from road salt.
- Maintainability – Bare concrete produces dust and is difficult to clean. During routine use and cleaning, dust can become airborne which is both annoying and unhealthy. Our floors seal out the dust and provide an impermeable surface that cleans up easily. No recoating ever needed, just a simply wash with soap and water as needed.
- Aesthetics – Older concrete floors become less and less attractive over time. Dark and dingy concrete is not very welcoming; our floor coatings make your garage or basement floor an extension of your home with a bright finished look that welcomes you into the space.
- Enhanced Property Value – The garage is said to be America’s front door. The first impression a finished garage floor leaves is significant. Basements benefit by having a beautiful, low maintenance finished appearance that is virtually immune to water related issues.
- Safeguarding – Slipping on a garage floor can be a significant risk. Our garage floors incorporate an anti-slip media into the top coat that helps to reduce the risk of falls. That musty odor in your basement is likely caused by vaper moisture transmission through your concrete floor, a significant contributor to indoor air quality issues. Our basement floor coatings seal the floor surface and significantly reduce vaper moisture transmission.
What Doesn’t work?
- DIY floor coatings – ‘Results may very’ could not apply more. A quick YouTube video makes it look easy, its not! What you don’t see or hear about are costly mistakes or the long term results. A failed DIY epoxy floor coating often looks worse than if nothing had been done in the first place.
- Epoxy stone floors – Great marketing but care and maintenance can be daunting. How exactly do you clean up those oil leaks or spilled red wine? Everything ends up below the surface of the stones and can be very difficult to clean.
- Ignoring the problem – Once a concrete floor begins to show signs of wear, the problem only accelerates. As the defects accumulate, so do the repair costs.
- Going with the lowest bid – Sometimes you get what you pay for. There are many ways to cut corners that you wouldn’t notice at first. Eventually, the results of poor preparation or low quality materials will become evident. That being said, just paying more is no guarantee. Check out our 10 Important Questions guide to know what to ask.
What we offer: Our floor coatings are available in a wide range of colors and styles.
- Our most common garage floor coatings are full chip hybrid epoxy systems. These coatings are extremely tough and durable. They mask the effects of daily use which often times can be harsh. They are easy to clean, slip resistant and simply look amazing. The addition of Mica media can bring your floor to the next level by amplifying the existing light and creating a truly unique appearance.
- Our basement floor coatings offer even more possibilities since anti-slip concerns are reduced significantly. Our full chip systems are always great option, but if you are looking for something simple just a classic epoxy floor coating my do the trick. If you are looking for a floor that will make you say wow, our metallic epoxy floor coating is hard to beat. Each metallic epoxy floor coating is stunning and unique yet easy to maintain.
- Our partial chip floors can be installed in both garages and basements. The partial chip floors can incorporate both PVA chips or Mica chips.